MAP *Parking in rear

MAP    *Parking in rear

#200-678 West Broadway
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V5Z 1G1

Phone: 604.876.7999
Fax: 604.876.7909

Monday to Friday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Saturdays: we are closed on weekends and stat holidays.

News Archives


Home Insurance

condoFor Homeowners, Condominiums, Tenants, Rental and Seasonal Properties

Homeowners Insurance covers your dwelling and personal property for their “Replacement value” (today’s cost to replace the dwelling or contents without depreciation) from the perils of fire, lightning, smoke and water damage, vehicle impact and falling objects, windstorm, riot & vandalism, theft, etc. Earthquake, flood and other perils can also be covered.

The premiums are based on the amount of coverage for the dwelling and/or personal property, the location, the type of construction, etc. Discounts are available for Mature Age, No-Claims, Burglar Alarms, Mortgage-Free, Occupation, etc.

The insurance however, does not cover everything. There is no coverage for landslide, mould, damage by certain animals, wear & tear damage by tenants, damage while vacant, water leaks, terrorism, etc. (a complete list is available on every policy wordings) Also, certain high-risk property such as jewellery, silverware, collectibles, antiques and business property are covered to a maximum limit. These limits can be increased for an additional cost.

Property of others, certain motorized vehicles and boats, property kept at other locations are also covered to various maximum limits only. Review the insurance policy wordings for a detailed list of exclusions, conditions and special limits.

Also included on all home insurance policies is Personal Liability coverage: if you are legally liable for injury or property damage to others, and are sued, this coverage will pay for your legal defence and settlement. For example, a guest slips and falls on your icy stairs; if they sued you, your insurance policy would respond.

Condominium insurance covers your Personal Belongings such as furniture, clothing, electronics, kitchenware, sporting goods and just about everything else inside your home.  It does not cover the building or common areas (The Strata’s insurance covers that) although most policies include some coverage in the event you are assessed for damage to those.  Condominium insurance is the lowest priced insurance compared to Tenants or Homeowners.

Tenants Insurance is similar to Condominium insurance although it does not include coverage for the premises. It is also based on the Replacement Cost of your personal belongings and other factors such as the age and type of building, past claims, etc.

Rental properties can cover the rental home, appliances, rental income and liability at the premises. Seasonal home insurance is for cabins, condos and cottages which are used regularly by owners and their guests. Normally both rental and seasonal types of properties are insured on the same policy as your principal residence. AIRbnb rentals will void a typical home insurance policy however, insurance for short-term rentals is available – call us for more information.

All policies contain limits on certain “high-risk” property such as jewellery, computers, bicycles, home offices, boats, etc. Extra riders are available to insure these items to their full values.

We place coverage through INTACT Insurance Company, AVIVA Insurance Company, Tokio Marine/Northbridge Insurance Company, and others.

Note: The above are just examples of what may be covered or not covered. For a detailed explanation of your policy, refer to the wordings (fine print) or contact our office.

Your home insurance specialists are Yuko Okada and Margaret Sharma. Contact them at 604-876-7999 or