MAP *Parking in rear

MAP    *Parking in rear

#200-678 West Broadway
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V5Z 1G1

Phone: 604.876.7999
Fax: 604.876.7909

Monday to Friday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Saturdays: due to Covid-19, we are closed on Saturdays.

News Archives


Car Insurance

Established in 1974, The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC), provides the basic, compulsory automobile insurance for all vehicles licenced in BC. This system protects BC residents by ensuring all vehicle owners carry at least the minimum insurance coverage.
Basic Auto Insurance (Autoplan) provides coverage to pay for injury-related medical and rehabilitation expenses in the event of an automobile accident, no matter who is at-fault. The basic Autoplan includes $200,000 Third-Party Liability coverage to cover you for injury or damage you cause to others.
Also included are Accident Benefits, UnderInsured Motorist Protection, Hit & Run and UnInsured Motorist coverage and Inverse Liability coverage.
Also available are these optional coverages:
♦ Higher Third-Party Liability limits up to $5 million (most drivers purchase a $2 million limit or more)
Collision coverage to pay for damage to your car due to a collision or upset
Comprehensive coverage for claims such as Fire, Theft, Vandalism & Glass
Loss of Use coverage for temporary substitute vehicles if your car suffers a claim and cannot be driven
Replacement Cost insurance for cars 3 years old or newer
Roadstar Package: provides Loss of Use (Rental Car) benefit up to $500; insurance for rental cars; lock re-keying if your keys are stolen
RoadsidePlus: Roadside assistance plan plus the benefits of the Roadstar package and more
Discounts available – In addition to the “Safe-Driving Discount”, you may also qualify for these:
Senior Citizen discount for drivers over age 65.
Passive-immobilizer discount
More information about these and other car insurance products are available at the ICBC website. Click here.
“Autonomous Emergency Braking Discount”: If your car has this feature which detects objects and automatically brakes, you can receive a discount. 
“Low Kilometre Discount”: if you drive less than 5,000 kms in the one-year policy term, you may receive a discount on renewal. We will require a photo of your odometer annually.
♦ 10-Year Driving Experience discount was discontinued in 2019.


The AirCare program is terminated effective January 1, 2015. You will no longer need to have your car AirCare tested in order to purchase the insurance.


This package includes all the features of the “Roadstar” plan (Loss of use/temporary car up to $750 limit, Rental Car insurance, Lock Re-Keying) plus “Theft Deductible Waiver”, “Roadside Expense Repayment” (to pay for towing and other expenses if your car breaks down), and other benefits.
Available for $28 if you already carry the Roadstar package. Click here for more details.

Garage Policies: If your business is a repair garage, body shop, car dealer, car wash or any other business where you have customer’s cars in your care, you are required by law to have an ICBC Garage Policy in place. Premiums are based on the type of business, number of employees and licence plates, value of customer’s cars in your care and other factors. Premiums start at around $500/year for a basic plan. Call John for more information.

Fleets: If you own or lease five or more vehicles, you may qualify for an ICBC FLEETPLAN which can provide a discount up to 63%. Other advantages to being on a fleetplan is not having to name a principal driver for vehicles, and one single expiry date (so less administration). Contact John for more information.
Storage insurance: If you are not planning to drive your car for long periods, we recommend obtaining a Storage insurance policy which provides Theft, Vandalism and glass coverage. The vehicle must be parked on private property. Premiums start at $30.


Temporary Operating Permit (TOP)

To allow you to drive your vehicle for short terms without a licence plate.
To apply for a TOP, please bring your current insurance documents. You may also allow someone else to purchase the TOP if you have given them written permission to obtain the TOP on your behalf. See our Forms page for the TOP Authorization form.
For premium rates, see our Car Insurance Quote page.


Get a comprehensive report of outstanding liens and past claims for $64.95 here:
Importing a Vehicle from Out-of-country
Please visit Transport Canada’s website for details of how to import vehicles:
In order to register and insure the vehicle, you will require the following documentation:
1. Original Registration/Certificate of Title/Pink Slip (in Japan this is called De-Registration Certificate)
2. Canada Custom’s “Form 1” document
3. Canada Custom’s “B15” or “B3” form showing duty and GST paid
4. Passed Provincial Safety Inspection Report (blue copy)
If there’s a change of ownership:
5. Original signed Bill of Sale with Seller’s name, address and signature, full vehicle description, purchase price and buyer’s name. We will need to physically inspect the VIN number on the car.
Note:  a $75 document processing fee is charged on each new registration. (Other brokers may not charge a fee).
Importing a Vehicle from another Canadian province:
You will not need #2 & 3 above, but still need #1 (original Registration/Certificate of Title and possibly #4 if there’s a change of ownership. Will also need #5 and we will need to inspect the VIN number.
Note: A $75 document processing fee is charged on each new registration.  (Other brokers may not charge a fee).

ICBC Collector Vehicle Program: for cars & trucks over 25 years old and driven for pleasure purposes only, ICBC offers low rates.  You must also have a non-collector car to qualify. Call or email us for more information.